So I’ve finally graduated..about a month ago. Laziness is what got me to upload photos only now.
Anyway I’ll put up the recipe for my version of stuffed roast chicken that you see here.
Many many thanks to http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/tools/roast-timer for saving my life. It’s a rough guide to how long you should cook your meat, be it beef, lamb, chicken, pork or turkey.
The chicken I used here can be bought from Sainsburys (Large chicken) and it’s about 2kg (~4.4lbs)
- You start off by letting the chicken come to room temperature so that you don’t put a cold chicken into the oven. There’s always a danger of your chicken being undercooked in the middle if you put a cold chicken in.
- Once it is at room temperature, pour some olive oil and massage the chicken. Ensure the WHOLE chicken is covered with a light coating of olive oil (you do not need to empty the whole bottle).
- Sprinkle salt and pepper and rub it all over the chicken.
- Put it into a large roasting tray (preferably a deep one) and add some water until it covers the bottom of the tray. You add herbs if you want but that’s optional.
- For a 2kg bird, 200C/fan 180c/gas 6 for first 20 mins. Then 180C/fan 160C/gas 4 for next 1 hour 20 mins – taken from the website mentioned earlier. I tweaked the two temperatures by going slightly higher than stated.
- Baste the bird every 10-15 minutes to prevent it from drying out.
- When nearing the end, make sure the juices that run out are clear and not bloody or anything other than clear.
- Let the bird rest for about 5-10 minutes, but if you want to serve it hot just bring it straight to the table.
I used the recipe from Gordon Ramsay’s Stuffed Roast Chicken with Chorizo and Beans!
The beans I used are the same as the recipe’s – cannellini beans
You can use chorizo, pancetta or you can experiment with anything else!